For the dough:
For the filling:
TO PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Put the flour in a large bowl or food mixer. Make a well and crumble in the yeast, 3 spoonfuls of oil, the water at room temperature or warm.
2. Mix briefly and add the salt. Knead by hand on a pastry board or, if using a food mixer, with the dough hook.
3. Knead at length until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Put it back into the lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in a cold oven with the light switched on until the dough has tripled in size. The rising times will vary from 2 to 4 hours depending on the quantity of yeast and the external temperature.
TO PREPARE THE FILLING
1. Clean the endive by removing the tough, outer leaves, wash and dry well.
2. Fry the unpeeled garlic in a pan in 5 spoonfuls of oil. When the garlic has browned, add the endive, wilt and add the pitted olives, drained capers, toasted pine nuts and sultanas.
3. Toss and continue until the endive is cooked, season, turn off the heat and allow to cool.
HOW TO MAKE ENDIVE PIZZA
When the dough is well risen, divide it into two and roll it out into two thin, 5-mm thick rectangles, one slightly larger than the other.
Grease a 30×22 cm tray, place the largest rectangle on the bottom as the base, top it with the endive filling and cover it with the other rectangle. Fold the edges inwards, sealing it carefully with the prongs of a fork.
Cover the endive pizza with cling film and let it rise for an hour in a draught-free place. Brush the surface with a little oil and cook it a pre-heated, static oven at 200° for about t30-35 minutes until browned.
Transfer the pizza to a tray and cover with a cotton tea towel. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and serve.
It is delicious eaten both warm and cold.
Our thanks to Enrica of Chiara Passion Chiarapassion per la ricetta.
|There are no products|